ARE BAMBOO PLATES SAFE
Every lover of bamboo dinnerware once asked this question, “Are bamboo plates safe?” Bamboos are a diverse group of evergreen perennial flowering plants in the subfamily Bambusoideae of the grass family Poaceae.
Bamboos are known for their sturdiness, particle resistance, and fashionable look. They come in various sleek designs and they’re good for the earth’s sustainability.
Today, bamboos are being used as kitchen wares and some practical examples are bamboo plates, cups, and serving dishes. They are extremely durable, resistant to moisture and heat.
ARE BAMBOO PLATES MICROWAVE SAFE?
Bamboo plates are not microwave safe because microwaving them makes the plates dry out and have a short life span.
Bamboo does not miraculously form plate shapes, manufacturers grind them into small bamboo fibers. The plate is then molded together with a food-safe binding resin.
It is the resin that holds the bamboo plates together. However, microwaving bamboo dishes makes this binding weak and reduces the lifespan of the dinnerware.
The natural fibers from the bamboo can be over-dried by the intense heat from the microwave frequency; it could also crack the plate.
Suffice to say that, it would be appropriate to microwave your food on a microwave-safe dish or container and serve on your bamboo plate.
Bamboo, rather than being called wood, is actually a grass. But for the purpose of microwaving it, we may classify it as wood.
Wood contains moisture and most wooden utensils are press glued together strips made. The moist residue in the wood heats up in the microwave and eventually becomes steam.
From here, the wooden strips loosen and destruction of the plate in the microwave is inevitable.
READ ALSO: CAN CERAMIC PLATES GO IN THE OVEN?
BAMBOO DISPOSABLE PLATES
Several portions of the bamboo plant are used to create bamboo plates. Bamboo plates are 2-6 months compostable.
They are not just an exceptional approach to serving your food, an advantage is that they are biodegradable. This means that they are capable of being decomposed by microorganisms.
Bamboo disposable plates are eco-friendly; thus the users are being friendly to their environment as they use these plates. They also have antiseptic properties. When using disposable bamboo plates, we can serve our meals fresh.
Suffice to say that, bamboo fights the smell and accumulation of bacteria. One of the difficulties in cleaning dishes is the fact that food particles stick on them.
The good news is that bamboo disposable plates do not grasp food, therefore they are easy to clean and wash. This sounds like a big relief to those who take care of kitchen wares.
Unlike plastic plates, bamboo-made plates have no dangerous chemicals that pollute your food. They are free of toxic chemicals.
It is lightweight. You can heap lots of bamboo plates and rest, assured you would not be burdened by its heaviness.
WHAT IS BAMBOO MELAMINE?
In simple terms, melamine is a harder plastic material. It is an organic compound created by a combination of melamine resin with some other strong, strengthening materials. Melamine plates look simple, but they don’t break. It still contains harsh chemicals and is not biodegradable.
Melamine is a chemical compound thought to be toxic and it releases substances such as formaldehyde, which are harmful to health in excessive amounts. It is also said to be harmful to the kidney in large quantities.
Bamboo dishes may also contain melamine. However, in some bamboo dishes, melamine serves as a binder to hold the bamboo together.
READ ALSO: HEATED PLATES FOR THE ELDERLY.
ARE BAMBOO PLATES SAFE?
Health is considered the most valuable and precious thing for every individual and that’s the reason why most people are so conscious of the kind of things they buy, eat and use in their homes.
Living a healthy life does not only involve eating healthy foods or a balanced diet. It also involves buying safe or non-toxic dishes that won’t release harmful substances into your food.
There are so many plates and dinnerware on the market, but one dinnerware that has caught my attention is the bamboo plate. Are bamboo plates safe? Yes! Bamboo plates are safe especially the ones without melamine.
According to the U.S Food and Drug Administration (FDA), melamine dishes are safe, but with some restrictions. When melamine comes in contact with hot or acidic foods or drinks, it can leach toxic chemicals into your food or drink.
Heat increases the existing risk of the melamine migrating into the food to an unacceptable level. So, if you decide to purchase melamine bamboo plates, do not use them to eat or drink anything hot.
READ ALSO: LIGHTWEIGHT PLATES FOR THE ELDERLY.
BAMBOO DINNERWARE SET
Are you looking for a beautiful bamboo dinnerware set that will give your dining table that elegant look you’ve always imagined? If yes, then this is just the right article for you. This dinnerware set brings out the creativity in you; it’s a work of art with design sense, life, and love.
Recently, my husband and I invited our friends to come to have dinner with us in our beautiful garden. So, I ordered a bamboo dinnerware set because the tables in our garden are made of wood and bamboo plates will definitely give me the perfect look I want.
When our friends walked into the garden, they were all speechless. All they said was ‘Wow’. The bamboo dishes added extra beauty to the dining table and garden, and we all ate, laughed, and had fun.
Below is a bamboo dinnerware set you’ll love to have in your kitchen :
LEKOCH 16-PIECE BAMBOO TABLEWARE SET FOR 4, DINNERWARE SET
- This dinnerware set is lovely, lightweight for your RV and durable.
- It is made by the highest quality, strongest and sustainable bamboo manufacturer.
- This beautiful dinnerware set is mainly made of bamboo fiber, corn starch and other plant fibers, which has passed LFGB and EU. So, you can enjoy the pleasure of delicious food.
- Its dishwasher safe, but not suitable for microwave and oven.
- I love this dinnerware because it’s lightweight, small in size and easy to carry around. It’s very ideal for camping, picnics, families, birthdays, outdoor and indoor parties.
LEKOCH 10-PIECE BAMBOO FIBER DINNERWARE SET
- This dinnerware is easy to clean by hand or dishwasher
- Its ecofriendly, simple, durable and functional.
- It’s suitable for dishwasher, but not suitable for microwave and oven.
- This lightweight modern dishes are perfect for birthdays, RV, indoor and outdoor parties, weddings, BBQ picnics etc.
- It can be used to serve hot and cold food.
1 CLICK BAMBOO FIBER REUSABLE DINNERWARE SET
- This set includes 1 round 10’’ dinner plates, 1 round 7.8’’ salad/dessert plates, 1 round 5.5’’ bowls (20 OZ) and I round 14 OZ cups.
- This dinnerware set is made up of bamboo fiber, wood fiber, corn powder, colorant, resin and bamboo.
- It is coated with high quality decal attach with high temperature. They are reusable and a good choice for eating food in a healthy way.
- It is safe to serve both hot and cold meals. So, you can enjoy your breakfast, lunch and dinner in a very stylish way with friends and family.
- They are dishwasher safe. Just load them up in the dishwasher, save time, enjoy yourself with your guest and make memories.
MELAMINE FREE BAMBOO DISHES
Melamine-free bamboo dishes are plates free of melamine. Melamine is mainly used by manufacturers to make and create products, especially plastic dishware. It’s a nitrogen based-compound used as a binder to hold bamboo together.
Some people believe melamine becomes toxic when it comes in contact with food while some believe melamine is harmless. Well, there is a danger of melamine leaking into food from serving containers, but the risk is low.
It is low because manufacturers use high heat to mold the substances used in creating plastic ware with melamine. The heat uses up most of the melamine compounds, but a small amount remains in the utensils, plates, cups, etc.
Melamine can melt and leech into food or drink when it gets too hot. So, if you want to avoid melamine at all costs, especially in bamboo plates, go for the melamine-free dishes.
We took out time to select the best melamine-free bamboo dishes that will keep you and your family safe and healthy. They are:
BAMBOO REUSABLE PLATES | 10″ BAMBOO FIBER DINNER
- These dishes are made from bamboo, which is a sustainable resource is making, the product eco-friendly.
- They’re free from BPA, plastic and melamine which means they’re biodegradable making them safe for the whole family and environment.
- They are very pretty, lightweight, durable, dishwasher safe and very easy to clean.
- These plates are great for picnics and BBQ in the yard; indoor, camping trips or a day out in the boat.
- It’s a perfect gift for the holiday season, Christmas, housewarming, birthdays and even an appreciation gift.
BAMBOO LAND SET FOR 4 PERSON (16 PCS) /BAMBOO
- This dishes are light, smooth, comfortable to use, dishwasher and freezer safe, and eco-friendly.
- They are sturdy and big enough for adults.
- This dinnerware is made of high quality bamboo fiber material. Bamboo fiber is extremely strong, durable and soft and a great alternative to plastic and paper.
- It does not absorb odor and are not stained easily. It’s also easy to clean by hand.
- Its available for all kinds of temperature food; hot and cold foods.
BAMBOO FIBRE PLATES SAFE FOR BABIES
If you are looking for bamboo fiber plates safe for babies, then you are in the right place. Yes! There are bamboo plates specially and specifically made for babies and they are very safe.
We all know that babies are very tender and fragile, and their immune systems don’t mature until they are about 2 to 3 months old and of course, it takes time for them to develop.
So, as a mother or parent, your baby’s health should be the most important thing to you. When it comes to shopping for baby things, you have to be very mindful so you don’t end up purchasing a product that will harm or hurt your child.
Products like baby spoons, cups, forks, plates, etc shouldn’t be bought in a hurry. Take your time, do some research before purchasing the utensils suitable for babies.
Check out the products we have below:
READ ALSO: NON TOXIC DINNERWARE MADE IN USA.
BAMBOO BAMBOO FOX CUB SUCTION PLATE FOR BABIES
- This toddler plate with divided suction is FDA approved and does not contain any toxins.
- Bamboo suction plates for toddlers deters burns to baby’s delicate fingers if they reach out for it during feeding.
- This plate will help you give your baby the correct perfect portion size of food.
- The deep grooves in between sections will help your toddler get food on his spoon. This will make your baby proud of him/herself.
- This plate dries super quick and its smooth and easy to wipe dry if needed.
AVANCHY BAMBOO BABY PLATE
- This bowl is made with high quality material to help you safely feed your baby.
- It is plastic, BPA, PVC, lead and phthalate free.
- This beautifully crafted small bamboo plate set highlights 3 plates sections- Large; for veggies, Top left for proteins and Top right for healthy carbs. Now you can teach your little ones to learn healthy eating early.
- The suction portion can be removed when your child out grows it, and can be used as a nice decorative piece, or as a nut snack plate for a wine and cheese dinner party.
- This bowl is durable and stain resistant. It won’t break if your toddler smashes it on the ground.
REUSABLE BAMBOO DINNERWARE SET
What does the word reusable mean? It means something that can be used again or more than once. So, reusable bamboo dinnerware sets are dishes that can be used more than once.
The reusable dinnerware set is not like disposable plates that you toss in the trash after use. They can be hand washed and they are also dishwasher safe.
They can be used to serve your favorite foods, drinks, and beverages and are very suitable for serving both hot and cold food and drinks.
So, if you’re looking for a reusable plate that will provide a stylish and sustainable alternative to foam and plastic products, then bamboo is just the right product you need.
EARTH’S DREAMS REUSABLE BAMBOO FIBER TABLEWARE
- This dinnerware set is temperature resistant, suitable for serving hot and cold food and perfect for wedding reception.
- These tableware sets are FDA certificated and have passed tests for the absence of harmful substances.
- With this dishes, you can enjoy courses of crisp, cool salad followed by piping-hot soup and juicy prime rib with total confidence.
- Serve all your favorite foods and drinks with this beautify bamboo dinnerware set.
BAMBOO FIBER PLATES REVIEW
If you have been searching for information about bamboo fiber plates review, then this is just the right article for you.
Do you know why bamboo fiber plates or tableware is a popular trend in dinnerware? Here is the reason why.
Bamboo is the fastest growing plant in the world, growing at a height of 20-30cm every day and night when it is slow, and growing up to 150-200cm every day and night when it is fast.
The bamboo fiber plates are made from certified organic bamboo fiber which is a sustainable resource, making it eco-friendly.
Now let’s get down to the review. We are going to review three lovely bamboo fiber plates. They are:
1 CLICK BAMBOO FIBER 10 INCHES DINNER PLATES
- These bamboo plates are made up of fiber, wood fiber, corn fiber, colorant, resin and bamboo.
- It is coated with high quality decal attach with high temperature. They are reusable and a very good way of eating healthy.
- They are lightweight, made up of strong and sustainable bamboo sources which make them durable and reusable.
- These bamboo fiber plates are easy to clean and made up of materials that are dishwasher safe
NOTE: THEY ARE NOT MICROWAVE SAFE.
BAMBOO LAND SET FOR 1 PERSON (4 PCS) /BAMBOO FIBER
- This product has a very lovely color combination; it’s unbreakable, sturdy, eco-friendly, durable, attractive and made of high quality bamboo fiber material.
- Bamboo fiber is processed by special high-tech technology to extract cellulose in bamboo, and is made of mixed plant fiber.
- Its dishwasher safe, easy to clean and maintain, does not absorb odor or retain stain easily.
- This plate is available for all kinds of temperature foods; hot and cold foods.
NOTE: APPLICABLE RANGE OF TEMPERATURE IS 0-100℃. AVOID BOILING WATER, OVEN, AND MICROWAVE OVEN. IT CAN BE USED IN A FREEZER.
DINNERWARE SET, MORGIANA REUSABLE TABLEWARE SET FOR 1 PERSON (BAMBOO)
- The Morgiana reusable tableware is made of a high proportion of renewable resources include organic bamboo fibers, corn starch and other plant fibers.
- This reusable dinnerware provides a healthy and sustainable alternative to plastic products.
- This tableware sets includes 1 dinner plate, 1 salad plate, 1 soup plate and 1 drink cup.
- This bamboo dinnerware is easy to wash by hand or dishwasher.
NOTE: IT IS NOT SUITABLE FOR MICROWAVE AND OVEN
DO BAMBOO PLATES CONTAIN PLASTIC?
No! Bamboo plates do not contain plastic, as it is BPA free, Phthalates free and toxin-free. It is very safe for you and your family.
Plastic is toxic because it contains certain chemicals that can leach out of it and get into our food and beverages.
WHAT ARE BAMBOO PLATES MADE OF?
What are bamboo plates made of?
Bamboo plates are made of bamboo which is a natural material, organic, recyclable, grown, and harvested without the use of pesticides.
Bamboo can be grown without using chemical pesticides because of the presence of organic anti-fungal, anti-bacteria agents in the plant.