HEATED PLATES FOR THE ELDERLY
One good habit elderly people should imbibe is eating hot or warm food. Heated food has a lot to do with the body and contributes alongside food nutrients.
The extra heat released into the body is one important factor that helps regulate food intake. Hot meals aids in proper digestion, help break down chemicals in the food, kill micro-organisms, store up energy for future use, and regulate body temperature and weight.
Now that you know the reason why you should eat hot or warm food as an elderly person, let’s talk about heated plates for the elderly.
SELF HEATING PLATES
When I did my findings of self-heating plates, I was gobsmacked at the information I got. Technology, creativity, and innovation have made life very easy for everyone.
Self-heating plates are plates that keep food warm. This type of plate allows you to eat warm meals without recurring fire.
With this type of plate, you don’t need a microwave in other for you to eat heated food. This plate can be used in the car, office, school, and picnic. Below is a good example of a self-heating plate.
ELECTRIC LUNCH BOX FOR CAR AND HOME, SELF HEATING LUNCH BOX
- This self heating lunch box is very easy to carry.
- With the comfortable portable handle, the suitable size is perfect for drivers, school students, and company office employees.
- It’s easy to clean and dishwasher safe. Do not wash external lunch box with water.
- Its food grade and built to last with premium quality; PP and BPA free.
READ ALSO: ARE BAMBOO PLATES SAFE?
Some people often eat cold food because they’re in dire hunger and are lazy to warm their food, probably because they had a busy day and as a result feel very tired.
This becomes a practice and they get comfortable eating cold food. Cold food doesn’t only make the food taste bad, it is also a great threat to health, especially for the elderly.
Warming plates help to provide hot dishes, no matter when you’ll serve yourself, your families, and guests. They are a form of heat to the food. They lock nutrients in, thereby keeping the food fresh and still delicious.
In a scenario where an elderly couple lives by themselves most of the day without vibrant help, warm plates are a smart solution. They are adequate dishes for the elderly.
When you look at warming plates from an external view, they are cool and stylish. However, some features of these warm plates include thin thickness, strong hardness, durability, oil resistance, and scratch resistance.
DAPU ELECTRIC FOOD WARMER PLATE
- This electric food warmer has a stylish look and is of a high quality.
- It preserves heat and keeps food fresh.
- The warmer plate has a detachable power plug.
- It also has a toughened glass, it’s heat resistant and it’s explosion-proof.
PLATES THAT KEEP FOOD WARM WHILE EATING
Plates that keep food warm while eating is ideal for the elderly, the sick, and all special needs people who eat slowly.
Because these people eat slowly, it is best for them to have their meals on plates that keep food warm. This is so that, when they spend so much time on the table before they eventually finish eating their food, they still have the food eaten warm.
A primary rule in culinary serving is that hot food should be served on hot plates. When food cools off, it begins to set and its appearance is less attractive and appealing to the eyes.
WATERBRIDGE ELECTRIC PLATE WARMER
- Keeps food hot longer. Warms plate to a hot temperature of 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Comes in a clear zipper bag for easy storage. Has a 10 year limited warranty.
- The insulated base pad protects all tabletop surfaces.
- It has a simple design and a fashionable appeal.
READ ALSO: CAN CERAMIC PLATES GO IN THE OVEN?
HEATED PLATES FOR THE ELDERLY
In my introduction, I talked about the advantages of eating hot and warm food as an elderly person, what it does in the body and how it helps in digesting food.
Just like the self-heating plates, heated plates for the elderly or warm plates are a type of plate that keeps food warm and hot longer.
With this type of plate, you won’t be worried about your elderly one at home. Especially if you’re not around to help warm food for them.
If you have an elderly one who eats slow, thereby requiring trips to the microwave, then this plate is a must-have for you.
CHEF BUDDY WHITE WARMING PLATE
- This white warming plate keeps food warm longer.
- No cords, chemicals or batteries are required.
- It’s safe to use on all surfaces.
- It can keep food warm for 15-30 minutes.
HOT SMART PLATES
Hot smart plates are a brand of dinnerware that keeps food warm using condition, not radiation. It’s heavier than a normal plate but imperative to help an ill person be motivated to eat.
This plate is also very perfect for the elderly. If you have an elderly who is struggling to eat because his/her food gets cold easily, a hot smart plate will help keep the food warm.
We all know that poor eaters do well when their food stays warm. This plate eliminates cold meals for slow eaters.
HOTSMART HOT GOURMET PLATES
- This plate is capable of keeping food piping hot.
- It can be used as feeding aid for the sick and elderly.
- Hot smart plate is widely used for care giving Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, elderly etc.
PLATE WARMERS FOR SLOW EATERS
Before I purchased this plate warmer for my grand mum, I used to use the heated oven to warm plates so that her food can stay hot.
It was kind of stressful for me because, each time I did it, the plate would get too hot for me to handle. I tried another method which was soaking the plates in hot water. This method was time-consuming because I had to put them in the dish rack to dry.
Things changed when I finally purchased these plate warmers for slow eaters. Now, I no longer have to soak my plates in hot water or use a heated oven to warm them.
NAVARIS ELECTRIC PLATE WARMER
- This electric plate warmer can simultaneously heat 10 dinner plates up to 165 degree Fahrenheit.
- Food stays warmer for longer compared to serving meals on cold dishes.
- This electric plate warmer takes 10 minutes to heat, saving time and energy compared to warming plates in the oven.
- The fabric cover protects dinnerware from scratches and can be removed for easier cleaning.
INDIVIDUAL PLATE WARMER
Individual plate warmer is a personal warmer used by individuals to heat and keep food warm. An example of this type of warmer is PORTABLE OVEN 12V PERSONAL FOOD WARMER.
- This portable individual warmer is a personal food warmer that warms food leftovers, cooks raw food, and has an automatic overheating protection function.
- It is safe to use and it makes no noise.
- It’s easy to operate, just plug in and use it. It can work in a car; It’s easy to carry and take anywhere.
- After heating, it should be unplugged and allowed to cool to room temperature before cleaning.
ADAPTIVE PLATES FOR ELDERLY
Adaptive plates for the elderly are designed to assist users while they are eating and prevent them from spilling food. if you’ve been searching for the right plate to buy for elderly mum, dad, aunt, etc INNER LIP PLATE BY LIBERTY ASSISTIVE-ADAPTIVE PLATE is the right dinnerware for them.
- It has an anti-skip, skid-proof rubber base that prevents the plate from moving while one is eating.
- This plate is an excellent aid for those who have trouble eating, like children and the elderly. It is especially an adaptive plate for the elderly.
- It is dishwasher and microwave safe.
HOW TO KEEP FOOD WARM FOR ELDERLY
If you want to know how to keep food warm for the elderly, then this is just the right article for you. Keeping food warm is not much of a big deal because there are so many appliances available to do that job.
You can keep food warm by warming the plate before serving your food. A good example of an appliance that can do this is NAVARIS ELECTRIC PLATE WARMER.
Another way to keep food warm for the elderly is by using HOTSMART HOT GOURMET PLATES. If you want your food piping hot for your elderly, this is the plate for you.
HOW DO I KEEP MY PLATES WARM WHILE EATING?
You can keep your plates warm while eating by warming up the plate before serving. For example, you can warm your plates in the oven for about 15 minutes at the lowest temperature.
You can also use a microwave, a warming drawer, or a toaster oven (if big enough) to warm your plates before serving food. This will keep your food warm while you’re eating.
IS THERE A PLATE THAT STAYS WARM?
Yes, there is and it’s called HOTSMART HOT GOURMET PLATES. This plate is capable of keeping food very hot and can be used to feed the sick and elderly.